Church of the Saviour
Church Of The Saviour has a long history in the Cleveland Heights community. Our United Methodist congregation was established in 1875 and met in a one-room schoolhouse at the corner of Euclid Heights Blvd. and Superior. The congregation grew and had a number of name and location changes over the years leading up to the construction of our present sanctuary, built in 1928. It was designated a landmark by the City of Cleveland Heights in 1975.
Our beautiful sanctuary is a legacy to the people of faith who have gone before us. Faith-filled members of the church, active in the community, have left us today with a space to worship that focuses our attention on God, and God's Son, Jesus Christ.
- Sanctuary Symbolism
- Baptismal Font Cover
- Baptismal Font
- Stained Glass Windows
- South Wing
- East Wing
- Reinberger Entrance
Church of the Saviour Foundation
Church of the Saviour Foundation was established in 1955. The primary purposes of the Foundation are to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of our beautiful Gothic-style church, as well as fund innovative initiatives for ministry. In 2003, Church of the Saviour celebrated its 75th anniversary with the conclusion of a $1.7 million restoration of the church building and grounds, a substantial portion of which was funded by the Foundation.
The Foundation also serves to seed new and innovative ministries that arise outside of the normal budgetary plans. Exciting children's programs, youth mission trips and scholarships through the Foundation augment the ministry and outreach capacity of the church.
Foundation Trustees, nominated by the Church Trustees, meet quarterly to review requests and distribute grants that meet the guidelines of its mission. Foundation Trustees also oversee the designated funds' distributions that support such ministries as the radio broadcast, scholarships and some missions.
The Foundation has begun an intentional giving program. The Tower Society was formed in 2004 to acknowledge and promote bequests to Church of the Saviour Foundation. This group will be recognized in the annual report. The Foundation established a Charitable Gift Annuity program and received its first gift in 2004. Anyone may honor God and the church with a simple request in their will.
Tower Entrance Display Case
The colorful displays in the tall glass case in the Tower Entrance highlight aspects in the life of our church. The case was originally a trophy case at Calvary Church, and has been in our church since the 1981 merger.
Ele Richardson is responsible for keeping the case filled. If your group would like to use the case at any time, or if you have an idea for something that would make an interesting display, such as a personal collection, let Ele know. Displays usually remain in the case about a month.