Lent begins on Ash Wednesday (March 1). Lent is a special time of reflection and focus on our faith. What is the best way to do that? Joining a small group of course. Click here to register online (or be on the lookout for signups in church), for one of six incredible small groups. These studies have been handpicked to nurture our souls and will add something positive to your Lenten observance.
1. The Way by Adam Hamilton – following the footsteps of Jesus and his teachings (Rich Hiles) 7:30 – 9 pm on Tuesdays, March 7 – April 4, Bethel Room
2. Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt – a look at our discipleship walk contrasted with American culture (Brian Broadbent & Eric Pelander) 3 – 4 p.m. on Saturdays, March 4 – April 8, Room 121 (Old Library)
3. Listen: Praying in a Noisy World by Rueben Job– We live in a world of noise. Listening to God requires a deliberate choice to shut out the chaos and focus our thoughts. (Dianne Tobey Covault and Susan Lanphear) 7 – 8 pm on Wednesdays, March 8 – April 5, Rooms 207-209 (Youth Room)
4. How to Walk into Church by Tony Payne – It’s not as simple as it sounds. Our hearts and our self-awareness can be tuned to God’s presence. (Andy Call) Noon – 1 pm on Tuesdays, March 7 – April 4, Room 121
5. Revival: Faith as Wesley Lived It by Adam Hamilton – exploring his defining characteristics of a Wesleyan Christian (Jennifer Whatley Williams) 9:45 am – 10:45 am on Sundays, March 5 – April 9, Calvary Hall Stage section
6. SEARCH for God’s Call in Your Life – A small group experience to help you Seek, Explore, Assess, Respond, Coalesce, and Help. (Eric Lewis) 7:30 – 8:30 pm on Tuesdays, March 7 – April 11, Room 161 (Great Hall conference room)